The department of mathematical sciences was established in 1967 as bachelor of science, with the objective of producing trained manpower for undertaking research and teaching in mathematics apart from B.Sc. it also provide masters degree programmes. The institute started its M.Sc. Maths (2 years) program in 2004-05 and M.A. (2 year) program in 2007-08. The department of Mathematics focus on pure, applied and applicable mathematics catering to students of varied backgrounds to help them understand their potential and enrich their lives.
In addition to the scientific sector jobs, Science graduates can get employed in non-scientific sectors also. However, little training is required to work in these fields. B.Sc. holders can work in the relevant fields in Science and Technology, in which they are specialized. They can seek out for career in research laboratories, Government corporations, banking and finance sector and so on. Apart from this, science graduates can also find jobs in IT industry, Business, BPO, marketing, technical writing and so on.
- Agriculture Industry.
- Testing Laboratories.
- Forensic Crime Research.
- Wastewater Plants.
- Environmental Management and Conservation.
- Food Institutes.
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry.
- Research Firms
- Forest Services.
- Geological Survey Departments.
- Health Care Providers.
- Industrial Laboratories.
- Oil Industry.
- Biotechnology Firms.
- Chemical Industry.
- Educational Institutes.
- Seed and Nursery Companies.
- Space Research Institutes.
- Wildlife and Fishery Departments
Further Studies after B.Sc.
- M.Sc. is a two-year post graduation course, which helps an aspirant to gain detailed technical knowledge about a particular discipline in Science. In addition to the course work, there are practical sessions in the program, which helps student to be familiar with the theoretical and practical application of various processes. Having a M.Sc., aspirants can further continue their studies in doctoral level. The M.Sc. course is an authentic boost up for those who wish to carry out research, and also to make fame.
- Although MBA is an entirely different field, when comparing with the B.Sc. program, many B.Sc. graduates prefer post graduation in Business Administration. The main reason for this is its growth and the career opportunities prevailing in the sector.
Highlights & Achievements
In the under graduate course B.Sc. (N.M.) HeenaArora got rank in university and in P.G. course M.Sc.(P) DeepikaGoyal got second and third rank in university M.A.(P) ParvinderKaur got vi rank and in M.A. (F) Manisha and Monika got III and iv ranks respectively.
Our college conduct seminars for P.G. students develop teaching and research skills in students.